Welcome to the SimpliSafe Community! In order to make this a valuable community for current and future SimpliSafe customers to find answers to their questions and support from their peers, we ask that everyone follow these guidelines.
- SimpliSafe is for everyone. We want to create an environment where all users can feel welcome. Please be respectful of others, refrain from excessive foul language, and leave politics at the door. Racist, sexist, or other forms of derogatory language will not be tolerated. Note that this forum is for account holders 18 and over and is not intended for minors.
- Stay on Track. Friendly discussion is very welcome. But on public threads, please focus on answering the topic at hand. Also, please post only one thread per topic.
- Legal Matters. Please don’t post anything that is against the law, or encourages the circumventing of law. That includes discussions about software piracy, illegal activities, violence, abusive activities, harassment, disparagement, or behavior that is otherwise immoral, deceptive, scandalous, obscene, or would generally damage or negatively affect this community or the reputation of SimpliSafe.
- Help us protect your privacy. For your own safety, we ask that when posting in public, you refrain from sharing any personal information (yours or anyone else’s). Our moderators are available via private message if you need more in-depth assistance!
- Signing up. To prevent abuse, we do require that you create an account before you post in our Community. Please create only one account.
- No Spam Zone. You may post links from other companies as part of the discussion, or for the sake of comparison. But posting for the main purpose of promoting non-SimpliSafe products or services is not permitted.
- No Solicitations. Our Community is not set up as a marketplace. Please do not post about buying, selling, or trading equipment with other users, or asking for offers of the same.
- Private and Public. These rules do apply wherever you are in the SimpliSafe Community - including your private messages with each other, and with staff. If you see inappropriate behavior in a Private Message, please report to our staff.
- We're on your side. We on the staff are here to help the community grow. We reserve the right to take appropriate action when any of the above guidelines are violated. In general, offending users may receive a warning from an Admin publicly, or via private message. Repeat offenses, as well as severe offenses, may result in a ban. SimpliSafe reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time for any reasons.
One last thing: from time to time, your inquiries might require some investigation by our engineering, dev, or other teams. This may include bug reports, or other issues that you encounter while using your system. We have a label system that will show you the status of the investigation at a glance. You can see the label on the top right of each post. Here's what the labels mean: